- This event has passed.
TEKWILL ACADEMY: CALL SQL TRAINER
October 29, 2017
Terms of reference
Provide training services to deliver ‘SQL Fundamentals’ training based on authorized curricula from Oracle Workforce Development Program
As part of the implementation of the ‘Development of ICT Excellence Center in Moldova project’ (Tekwill) supported by USAID and Government of Sweden through Sida, National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC) is making a call for four Education Consultants in order to provide training services for conducting SQL Fundamentals trainings based on authorized curricula from Oracle Workforce Development Program.
The development of the first ICT Excellence Center in Moldova was started in September 2015, under a USAID project, together with a number of strategic partners. It aims to improve Moldova’s global competitiveness and its business and investment environment. Innovative, high-value technology products and businesses are essential for development of the knowledge-based economy. Science, innovation and technology are the key drivers of the sustainable growth and competitiveness.
The project will be implemented as a private-public partnership (though Global Development Alliances instrument (GDA)), between the Moldovan Government, private industry, academia and donors. The private partners include multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, and also Moldovan Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) members that are local (operated) ICT companies. The private partners will bring significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies and development activities, such as trainings, practical assignments, and mentorship. The private sector partners will have the chance to use the center to communicate with the university, SMEs, startups, professionals and contribute to the curricula improvement answering the market needs, as well as the improvement of the IT and entrepreneurship ecosystem that will lead to the economic growth of the country. The Government of Moldova supports this project at the highest level of the Prime Minister, and the partners include Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Education, and E-Government Center. The space will be provided by the Technical University, as part of the Government commitment to this project. The e-Government Center will use the center as a training and capacity building resource for the public e-transformation and IT managers.
Over 1,000 beneficiaries are expected to receive relevant training per year. As a result of the project, the skills of the Moldovan work force and the ICT industry in Moldova will be improved.
The excellence center is planned to meet the following main tasks: education, networking, support, promotion and information management. Education services will include training, consulting and mentoring services for the SMEs, entrepreneurs, academia, public IT sector representatives. The content of the activities will include technical subjects with the possibility of demonstration of the latest technologies and soft business skills such as project management, marketing, communication, leadership and other. The center will be properly equipped for on-site training facilities, as well as offer the possibility to conduct trainings off-site upon need. The beneficiaries of the center will be coming from private sector, public sector and academia.
The center will host IT specialists networking events, students meetings with IT professionals and mentors, incoming professors and trainers, business to business meetings, startups to investors meetings, and other. The center will offer co working space for IT professionals and business people, as well as offer group or individual consultations for business development, technical support and seeking investment. All of the activities will be supported by the specifically designed infrastructure, which is currently unavailable in Moldova.
One important goal of the project is to offer attractive space for the beneficiaries in the future ICT Excellence Center in the respective proposed timeframe.
- PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
The purpose of this assignment is for the consultants to act as ‘SQL Fundamentals’ trainers at Tekwill Academy – Oracle Workforce Development Program initiative using the authorized Oracle course content.
The Consultants will work in close collaboration with the Skills & Partnerships Development Manager and Senior Project Coordinator to ensure a proper match of USAID procedures and local legislation to fulfill at best the assignment. The consultant will report to the ATIC’s Executive Director, Ana Chirita, or her designee, who will be responsible for supervising the consultants’ performance.
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the assignment as defined in the ToR.
- Complete the final deliverables in a timely manner as defined below.
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture.
- Maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver the ‘SQL Fundamentals’ course program based on authorized online curricula (in English) from Oracle Workforce Development Program to prepare participants for Database 12c SQL Associate Certification
- Lead the training to a class of up to 15 participants
- Review available curricula & provide recommendations, as well as prepare additional content/in-class examples/ practice exercises to ensure the best assimilation of the content by the participants
- Assist participants with explaining the concepts during class lectures in either Romanian or Russian
Period of implementation: From 3 months to 1 year. ‘SQL Fundamentals’ courses are expected to run about 4 times per year. The first courses are expected to take place in the November – January 2017 period, in Chisinau at Tekwill.
- Structure lectures and course agenda based on available online curricula for ‘SQL Fundamentals from Oracle
- Preparation of presentations for in-class discussions
- Proposal of additional content/in-class examples/ practice exercises for best course content assimilation
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
To ensure a high quality of the course instruction to the participants the suitable candidate:
- Has a minimum of 3 years experience working in a professional environment in SQL and Data Base Administration;
- Holding Oracle Data Base 12c certification would be considered a plus
- Possesses good communication and presentation skills
- Is able to explain technical concepts in easy terms to participants that do not have a background in IT
- Has previous experience in delivering seminars or trainings (considered a plus)
For suitable trainer candidates with sufficient experience Tekwill may consider covering the Oracle Database 12c SQL certification.
- CANDIDATES ARE ASKED TO SUBMIT
- Copy of certification(s) held
- Motivation Letter
- List of previously delivered trainings
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview. Time commitment and financial offer from the candidate will be discussed during the interview.
- EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Capacity of the consultant to deliver the requested services
- Availability to deliver the requested services in the specified time period
- Proposals of additional content
- Financial offer
- SUBMISSION PROCEDURES
The candidates will submit the requested information through e-mail, by October 30th, 2017, 17:00 Moldova time, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of the email: Training services SQL – [Consultant Full Name]
For additional information contact Michelle Iliev, email@example.com.