- This event has passed.
MOLDOVA: IT EDUCATION RESEARCH
February 24, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
In accordance with Year 5 Tekwill project priorities, financed by USAID and Sweden, Enterprise Incubator Foundation (Armenia) has been selected to assess and deliver a full comprehensive roadmap on ICT Education initiatives, as well as focus on:
- conducting a thorough research on international experience in similar countries such as Armenia, Georgia, Albania, Kosovo as developing countries, as well as Sweden, Estonia, Finland, etc. as world known success examples;
- creating a vision related to worldwide experiences in a) introducing digital skills, as a must b) nurturing tech skills to meet market needs c) create demand for IT related solutions, introduced in education;
- evaluating existing educational initiatives and their business models on the market provided by donor community, private sector and the Government, together or on a separate basis;
- conducting interviews with the main stakeholders on the market, including private companies, implementing agencies, government, educational institutions representatives, donors or civil society;
- based on the findings of the interviews and evaluation, propose a roadmap for improving the situation of IT skills gap in Moldova, as well as acquiring digital skills at various levels;
- proposing continue, merge existing initiatives or access new interventions, by evaluating efficiency, effectiveness, impact, cost, available resources under a roadmap for better IT skills, in accordance with EU and world trends;
- delivering a report that will be used by Tekwill Project in its implementation of extending existing programs or define new initiative for a national reach out;
- validating proposed concepts with the main stakeholders.
During the week of November 18-20, 2019, the Armenian representatives have visited Moldova in the assignment of evaluating and developing a roadmap of ICT related Educational initiatives. The consulting team has held meetings with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure representative, leading universities, Tekwill project stakeholders, various donors who deploy educational initiatives, private sector representatives, etc.
During the second visit, a second round of validation with private sector stakeholders, universities, K12 representatives, donors has taken place. We would like to publish the draft presentation and call for all communities to help us improve it by commenting what should be else included/revised in this sense. For suggestions, feedback and comments, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Download the file here.