- This event has passed.
2ND ROUND OF UTEACH LAUNCHES FOR INSTRUCTORS
January 24, 2020
Tekwill project launched the second edition of the “Uteach” program on January 22nd. As part of the “Tekwill Ambassador Program”, this initiative provides development opportunities and the resources necessary for all those interested in teaching in the field of Information Technology and Communications (ICT). The component “UTeach” is addressed to university staff who teach ICT or related specialties and aims to diversify and adjust the ICT education to the current requirements and trends of the industry. ATIC launched a call for the identification of 10 university lecturers who will come with unique training programs, innovative approaches to teaching, extracurricular projects and initiatives capable of reinvigorating the quality of university education in the field of information technologies. Public-private partnerships are the “engine” of human capital development in the IT field. The partnership with ISD is one of the most successful collaborations made within the Tekwill Project.
Teaching staff within university institutions of the Republic of Moldova in the field of computer science and/or other related specialties had the opportunity to submit their eligible proposals under the Program including the following concerns:
- developing and implementing viable curricula, inspired by the realities and pressing needs of the IT industry.
- development and implementation of extra-curricular programs and projects dedicated to increasing student employment opportunities.
- carrying out activities to promote IT careers.
- development and implementation of programs and projects that encourage performance in other fields by using IT tools.
- developing and piloting digital content or tools.
- developing and piloting IT programs, designed to support continuous training, and training of teachers in any field.
- development and implementation of educational research projects in partnership with the private sector, etc.
- ensuring the sustainability of the projects, programs, initiatives developed and piloted.
Since March 1st files were obtained from 14 teachers from 5 higher education institutions: ASEM, USM, UTM, UPS and the State University of Tiraspol. Candidates have been evaluated based on a cumulative score of the recommendation of the university/validation committee (30%), evaluation from the private sector (40%) and evaluation by students (30%).
To highlight the practical skills of the readers in the “UTeach” initiative of the “Tekwill Ambassador Program”, 10 motivated persons will be selected, who will each receive between $500-2000 USD for the implementation of the proposed concept. The financial support is provided from the resources of the “Tekwill ICT Center of Excellence Development Project”, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Sweden.
The project implementation period: March 1 – December 30, 2020.