Request for Quotations (RFQ)
RFQ Number: ICTEC-2020-006
Issuance Date: 22.06.2020
Deadline for Offers: 06.07.2020
Description: IT equipment Purchase for Tekwill in every school program
For: Moldova ICT Excellence Center Project (ICTEC)
Funded By: United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Contract Nr. AID-117-A-15-00002
Issued by: National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC)
Section 1: Instructions to Offerors
Introduction: The National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC) is soliciting proposals from eligible and responsible firms regarding to IT equipment purchase for Tekwill in every school program, as described below in Section 1 (Instruction to Offerors). The ICTEC Project is an official program of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Contract Nr. AID-117-A-15-00002, and is being carried out in Republic of Moldova.
The ICTEC Project is a USAID program implemented by the National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC). The project will be implemented as a private-public partnership (though Global Development Alliances instrument (GDA)), between the Moldovan Government, private industry, academia and donors. The private partners include multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, and also Moldovan Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) members that are local (operated) ICT companies. The private partners will bring significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies and development activities, such as trainings, practical assignments, and mentorship. The private sector partners will have the chance to use the center to communicate with the university, SMEs, startups, professionals and contribute to the curricula improvement answering the market needs, as well as the improvement of the IT and entrepreneurship ecosystem that will lead to the economic growth of the country. The Government of Moldova supports this project at the highest level of the Prime Minister, and the partners include Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Education, and E-Government Center. The space will be provided by the Technical University, as part of the Government commitment to this project. The e-Government Center will use the center as a training and capacity building resource for the public e-transformation and IT managers.
About Tekwill in Every School program
“Tekwill in Every School” aims to transform and digitalize education in the Republic of Moldova, by providing every school the opportunity to access a free eLearning platform, for students aged between 13-19 years to benefit from interactive digital content. The e-courses will allow students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills required by the future jobs’ workplace.
Our mission is to harness Moldova’s untapped human capital and to help grow a young and innovative generation of software engineers, IT developers, and creative professionals that will design, here at home, products that will meet social challenges at national and global scale.
Part of the pilot program we have selected 77 schools throughout the country that will be first to benefit from a complex program of training for their teachers and innovative online courses to their students. For over one month (August 2020) over 200 teachers will undergo a professional development training program meant to build the teachers’ capacity and deliver the programs’ courses to their students starting September 2020 in schools. Upon completion of the training program each educator will receive a laptop as a donation that will allow teachers to deliver quality lessons online.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by ATIC in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to comply with the instructions described in this RFQ may lead to the disqualification of an offer.
Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than 17:00, local Chisinau time, on July 06, 2020 electronically and/or in hard-copy at the Moldova ICT Excellence Center Project office.
Any email offers must be sent to the following address:
In attention of, Ion Corbu
Technical Manager ICTEC Project
Any hard copy offers must be stamped and signed by the offeror’s authorized representative and delivered to the following address:
In attention of Mrs. Ana Chirita,
Strategic Projects Director/ Senior Project Coordinator ICTEC Project
Moldova ICT Excellence Center Project
Str. Studentilor 9/11.
Please reference the RFQ number in any response to this RFQ. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be reviewed only at ATIC discretion.
1. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFQ may be submitted no later than 17:00, local Chisinau time by July 01, 2020, by email to email@example.com. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that ATIC believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFQ recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by ATIC will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of ATIC or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFQ.
2. Specifications: Section 4 contains the technical specifications of the required items. All commodities offered in response to this RFQ must be new and unused. In addition, all electrical commodities (if applicable), must operate on 240V, 50Hz.
Please note that, unless otherwise indicated, stated brand names or models are for illustrative description only. An equivalent substitute, as determined by the specifications, is acceptable.
3. Quotations: Quotations in response to this RFQ must be set on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including delivery and all other costs. Pricing must be presented in MDL. Offers must remain valid for no less than thirty (30) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide quotations on their official quotation format or letterhead; in the event this is not possible, offerors may complete the table in Section 3.
In addition, offerors responding to this RFQ are requested to submit a copy of their official registration or business license.
4. Delivery: The delivery location for the items described in this RFQ is 9/11, Studentilor str., Chisinau. As part of its response to this RFQ, each offerors is expected to provide an estimate (in calendar days) of the execution timeframe (after order receipt). The delivery estimate presented in an offer in response to this RFQ must be upheld in the performance of any resulting contract.
5. Source/Nationality/Manufacture: The authorized geographic code under this specific agreement is 110. In any case, offerors may not offer or supply any goods or services that are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, (North) Sudan, Syria.
6. Warranty: The warranty coverage must be valid on all services/works for a minimum of three (3) years after delivery/execution and acceptance of the services/works, unless otherwise specified in the technical specifications (Section 4).
7. Taxes and VAT: The agreement under which this procurement is financed does not permit the financing of any taxes, VAT, tariffs, duties, or other levies imposed by any laws in effect in the Cooperating Country. No such Cooperating Country taxes, VAT, charges, tariffs, duties or levies will be paid under an order resulting from this RFQ. In the event that any exempt charges are paid by the Subcontractor, they will not be reimbursed to the Subcontractor by ATIC. The Subcontractor shall immediately notify ATIC if any such taxes are assessed against the Subcontractor or its subcontractors/suppliers at any tier. The Subcontractor is responsible for payment of all applicable taxes, as prescribed under the applicable laws, associated with wages/salaries/compensation for services rendered by individuals employed by the Subcontractor and who are directed to work as required under this Subcontract. The Subcontractor is liable for payment of all applicable taxes associated with revenues (profit), and other such taxes, fees, or dues for which Subcontractor is normally responsible as a result of operating its business.
8. Eligibility: By submitting an offer in response to this RFQ, the offeror certifies that it and its principal officers are not debarred, suspended, or otherwise considered ineligible for an award.
9. Evaluation and Award: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFQ instructions, meets the eligibility requirements, and meets or exceeds the minimum required technical specifications, and is judged to be the best value based on a lowest-price, technically-acceptable basis, business experience, the visual aspect of the work to be performed, similar objects in the past and short production and installation terms.
Please note that if there are significant deficiencies regarding responsiveness to the requirements of this RFQ, an offer may be deemed “non-responsive” and thereby disqualified from consideration. ATIC reserves the right to waive immaterial deficiencies at its discretion.
Best-offer quotations are requested. It is anticipated that award will be made solely on the basis of these original quotations. However, ATIC reserves the right to conduct any of the following:
- ATIC may conduct negotiations with and/or request clarifications from any offeror prior to award.
- While preference will be given to offerors who can address the full technical requirements of this RFQ, ATIC may issue a partial award or split the award among various suppliers, if in the best interest of the Project.
- ATIC may cancel this RFQ at any time.
Please note that in submitting a response to this RFQ, the offeror understands that USAID is not a party to this solicitation and the offeror agrees that any protest hereunder must be presented – in writing with full explanations – to the ICTEC Project for consideration, as USAID will not consider protests regarding procurements carried out by implementing partners. ATIC, at its sole discretion, will make a final decision on the protest for this procurement.
10. Terms and Conditions: This is a Request for Quotations only. Issuance of this RFQ does not in any way obligate ATIC or the ICTEC Project to make an award or pay for costs incurred by potential offerors in the preparation and submission of an offer.
This solicitation is subject to ATIC’s standard terms and conditions. Any resultant award will be governed by these terms and conditions; a copy of the full terms and conditions is available upon request. Please note that the following terms and conditions will apply:
|Payment No.||Installments||Payment Amount|
|1||In 15 days after signing the contract||30 % of subcontract fixed price|
|2||In 15 days after delivery of the services and receipt of the services and goods||70% of subcontract fixed price|
b) Payment will be made in MDL, via wire transfer to the account specified in the Subcontractor’s invoice. Payment of unpaid balances will be made upon completion and final acceptance of all works and deliverables by ATIC. Any invoices for services rendered and deliverables submitted – but not accepted by ATIC – will not be paid until the Subcontractor makes sufficient revisions to the deliverables such that ATIC may approve the deliverables and thus the invoice.
c) Payment will only be issued to the entity submitting the offer in response to this RFQ and identified in the resulting award; payment will not be issued to a third party.
d) Any award resulting from this RFQ will be firm fixed price, in the form of a purchase order.
e) No goods or services may be supplied that are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, (North) Sudan, Syria.
f) Any international air or ocean transportation or shipping carried out under any award resulting from this RFQ must take place on U.S.- flag carriers/vessels.
g) United States law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism. The supplier under any award resulting from this RFQ must ensure compliance with these laws.
h) The title to any goods supplied under any award resulting from this RFQ shall pass to ATIC following delivery and acceptance of the goods by ATIC. Risk of loss, injury, or destruction of the goods shall be borne by the offeror until title passes to ATIC.
Section 2: Offer Checklist
To assist offerors in preparation of proposals, the following checklist summarizes the documentation to include an offer in response to this RFQ:
- Cover letter, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror (see Section 3 for template);
- Official quotation, including detailed specifications of works in accordance with attached Design Documentation (see Section 4 for example format);
- Copy of offeror’s official registration and business license;
- Bank Account Award Certificate – copy – issued by the bank holding the account;
- The financial report for the last year – copy – confirmed by the signature and seal of the offeror.
- In case the Offeror’s cost proposal exceeds the equivalent of USD 50.000, the Offeror shall provide a bank guarantee in amount of 10% per model in annex No.1 below. The bank guarantee must be annexed to Cost Proposal.
SECTION 3: LETTER OF TRANSMITTAL
The following cover letter must be placed on letterhead and completed/signed/stamped by a representative authorized to sign on behalf of the offeror:
To: Moldova ICT Excellence Project
Str. Studentilor 9/11
Reference: RFQ No. ICTEC-2020-006
To Whom It May Concern:
We, the undersigned, hereby provide the attached offer to perform all work required to complete the activities and requirements as described in the above-referenced RFP. Please find our offer attached.
We hereby acknowledge and agree to all terms, conditions, special provisions, and instructions included in the above-referenced RFQ. We further certify that the below-named firm—as well as the firm’s principal officers and all commodities and services offered in response to this RFQ—are eligible to participate in this procurement under the terms of this solicitation.
Furthermore, we hereby certify that, to the best of our knowledge and belief:
• We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any ATIC or ICTEC project staff members;
• We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any other offerors submitting proposals in response to the above-referenced RFQ; and
• The prices in our offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other offeror or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
• All information in our proposal and all supporting documentation is authentic and accurate.
• We understand and agree to ATIC’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery, and kickbacks.
We hereby certify that the enclosed representations, certifications, and other statements are accurate, current, and complete.
Authorized Signature: _________________________________
Name and Title of Signatory:____________________________
Company Name: _____________________________________
Company Address: ___________________________________
Company Telephone and Website: _______________________
Company Registration or Taxpayer ID Number: _____________
Does the company have an active bank account (Yes/No)? ____
Official name associated with bank account (for payment): ___
Section 4: Specifications and Technical Requirements
The table below contains the Task List of the goods/services. Offerors are requested to provide quotations, including specifications of works in accordance with attached Design Documentation, containing the information below on official letterhead or official quotation format. In the event this is not possible, offerors may complete this Section 4 and submit a signed/ stamped version to ATIC.
This RFQ is for a total quantity of 200 units only. Please submit 2 cost offers, one for each category of technical specification detailed in the table below, keeping the same quantity of 200 units.
|№ d/o||Option proposal||Specification of proposed concept||Country of Import||Measure unit||Quantity||Unit Price, MDL, without TVA||TOTAL, MDL, without TVA,|
|1||15.6″ Full HD (1920×1080) Non-glare, Intel Core i5 , 8Gb (1x 8Gb), 512Gb HDMI, Gbit Ethernet, 802.11ax,RJ 45, Bluetooth, 1x USB-C , 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0, HD Webcam, Card Reader, Black. OS, Windows 10 Home edition (en)||Units||200|
|1||15.6″ Full HD (1920×1080) Non-glare, Intel Core i3 , 4Gb (1x 4Gb), 512Gb HDMI, Gbit Ethernet, 802.11ax,RJ 45, Bluetooth, 1x USB-C , 2x USB 3.1, 1x USB 2.0, HD Webcam, Card Reader, Black. OS, Windows 10 Home edition (en)|
|Other Direct Costs|
|TOTAL option A, B, C…|
Other Costs (Describe:_____________________) : __________________
GRAND TOTAL, MDL, no VAT: __________________
Delivery time (after receipt of order): ____________ calendar days;
Length of warranty on offered works/services: ____________ years.
Annex 1. Bank Guarranty in Romanian
(In case the Offeror’s cost proposal exceeds the equivalent of USD 50.000).
GARANŢIA PENTRU OFERTA (GARANŢIA BANCARĂ)
[Banca emitentă va completa acest formular de garanţie bancară în conformitate cu instrucţiunile indicate mai jos. Garanţia bancară se va imprima pe foaie cu antetul băncii, pe hîrtie specială protejată.]
[Numele băncii şi adresa oficiului sau a filialei emitente]
Beneficiar: _______________ [numele şi adresa autorităţii contractante]
GARANŢIE DE OFERTĂ Nr._________________
[denumirea băncii] a fost informată că [numele ofertantului] (numit în continuare „Ofertant”) urmează să înainteze oferta către Dvs. la data de ___________ (numită în continuare „ofertă”) pentru livrarea/prestarea ______________ [obiectul achiziţiei] conform invitaţiei la licitaţia nr.________________din _____________ 201_ [numărul şi data licitaţiei].
La cererea Ofertantului, noi, [denumirea băncii], prin prezenta, ne angajăm în mod irevocabil să vă plătim orice sumă sau sume ce nu depăşesc în total suma de [suma în cifre] ( [suma în cuvinte] ), la primirea de către noi a primei solicitări din partea Dvs. în scris, însoţite de o declaraţie în care se specifică faptul că Ofertantul încalcă una sau mai multe dintre obligaţiile sale referitor la condiţiile ofertei, şi anume:
a) şi-a retras oferta în timpul perioadei valabilităţii ofertei sau a modificat oferta după expirarea termenului-limită de depunere a ofertelor; sau
b) fiind anunţat de către autoritatea contractantă, în perioada de valabilitate a ofertei, despre adjudecarea contractului: (i) eşuează sau refuză să semneze formularul contractului; (ii) nu acceptă rectificarea erorilor aritmetice, efectuată de către grupul de lucru, erori depistate în ofertă în timpul examinării ei; sau (iii) eşuează sau refuză să prezinte garanţia de bună execuţie, dacă se cere conform condiţiilor licitaţiei, ori nu a executat vreo condiţie specificată în documentele de licitaţie, înainte de semnarea contractului de achiziţie.
Această garanţie va expira în cazul apariţiei uneia dintre următoarele situaţii:
a) Ofertantul devine ofertant cîştigător, la primirea de către noi a copiei înştiinţării privind adjudecarea contractului şi în urma emiterii Garanţiei de bună execuţie eliberată către Dvs. la solicitarea Ofertantului, sau
b) Ofertantul nu devine ofertant cîştigător, fie în urma primirii de către noi a copiei înştiinţării Dvs. despre numele altui ofertant cîştigător; fie la terminarea perioadei de treizeci de zile după expirarea valabilităţii ofertei depuse de către Ofertant în cadrul licitaţiei.
Prin urmare, orice cerere sau plată în conformitate cu această garanţie trebuie recepţionată de către noi la oficiu pînă la data respectivă inclusiv.
Prezenta garanţie este valabilă pînă la data de ______________________.
[semnătura autorizată a băncii]