3 teams interested in developing medicine through technology will continue to transform and improve their digital solutions in the HealthTech Acceleration stage! The ideas were selected during the HealthTech Hackathon, which brought together future doctors, students, biologists, entrepreneurs, startups, medicine and technology enthusiasts, but also all those interested in innovation and science. For 3 days, 10 teams exchanged experience, participated in mentoring sessions and increased their skills to develop solutions aimed at improving medical services. HealthTech Hackathon is part of the “HealthTech Vertical 2021” – a program dedicated to tech startups that develop solutions for the medical field and is organized by Startup Moldova in collaboration with the State University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Nicolae Testemitanu”, with the support of USAID and Sweden within the Tekwill project, other partners FreshBlood and SanoPass.
In the acceleration stage, the 3 winning teams will validate their products, using all the necessary means, support and expertise of specialists, both in the IT and medical field, to improve their technological products and to move on to the next stage – the piloting. At the end of the acceleration program, the participants will have the opportunity to test their solutions in practice.
The 10 solutions presented at HealthTech Hackathon:
- 1st place: „Corlab-Tech” – a software that collects and analyses data provided by customers for early detection and monitoring of Parkinson’s disease – a chronic degenerative disease;
- 2nd place: „Keep my child safe” – a solution that aims to help parents with children under the age of 5 to monitor and supervise the temperature of the little ones, the rhythm and the respiratory rate;
- 3rd place: „HeroDoc” – an application that aims to improve the relationship between patients and doctors, by removing distances;
- „Medplatform.md” – a platform aimed at continuing education for doctors and medical staff, includes a wide range of validated collaborators and a team of professionals from several medical institutions;
- „MyID” – Digital Health Passport – a digital health passport solution that helps solve problems with verifiable test results, vaccine certificates, privacy controls and data sharing;
- „Pharmec” – an application that connects pharmaceutical companies with patients;
- „Fastboss digital assistant for healthcare” – an application that will help medical staff to complete routine acts in a matter of seconds;
- „TeleMedPrevention” – an application that solves the problem of getting to the doctor quickly in the context of a pandemic;
- „OMG! WELL BEING!” – a platform that will connect people with real experts in medicine;
- „intoAction” – an application that aims to support people to be active, leaving the sedentary lifestyle.
The hackathon was attended by over 30 mentors, teachers, doctors, representatives from the private sector, startups and experts of international organizations in the field of healthtech.
Participants were also guided by trackers, who monitored their progress and provided the necessary connections. Among them were representatives from the ecosystem of Kazasthan and Moldova such as: Evgney Frolov, Aliona Rotaru, Dmitrii Albot, Gulzina Baltabaeva, Assel Seifulina, Ion Mocanu, Iulia Cozacenco.
HealthTech Hackathon Moldova 2021 is organized by Startup Moldova in collaboration with the State University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Nicolae Testemitanu”, with the support of USAID and Sweden within the Tekwill project, partners: FreshBlood and SanoPass.