Tekwill has entered into an agreement with GIZ to implement “DIGITAL DUAL VET” The current project builds on the intervention “Structural Reform in VET”, implemented from 2015 to 2018 (GIZ). The impact of the previous intervention was the transfer of several responsibilities related to VET from the state authorities to the private sector, represented by both dual partner companies and the CCI. Moreover, dual VET was mainstreamed into the existing VET system, as a viable alternative to the traditional, school-based VET.
Following the COVID-19 impact on the learning/education environment, in order to adjust to the current needs, in anticipation of a longer period to come back to offline education (particularly 9-12 months if everything goes well), but also taking into consideration that the whole principles of learning will be changed, we anticipated the need to create online content as part of Dual VET format to be delivered online via an interactive and sustainable method covering critical topics and ensuring safety procedures. Some of the major activities will be to identify the topics, convince the mentors to provide curricula in cooperation with private sector involved in Dual VET programs, develop the methodology and concept of online classes, find existing partners, develop the online content.
The online education will focus on providing alternative learning opportunities to the programs delivered offline at VET institutions as a support to the existing programs. The online education will help scale the number of students from VET programs and increase the number of skilled workforce capable to enter the market.
1. Development of digital platform
In the beginning of the project there will be contracted a business analyst, who will be in charge for research of all aspects the platform should meet, being followed by tender and contracting procedure. There will be developed technical specifications (ToR) based on the information available and created the visual design (platform concept and content layout) and information architecture (platform structure/organization, navigation), as per the projects’ requirements (LMS/Platform menu: (1) home page; (2) registration/login page; (3) courses; (4) about; (5) programs (6) online safety & security; (7) contact us; and Dashboard (user interface): (1) account; (2) badges; (3) communication; (4) analytics; (5) courses).
2. Content Development
Based on developed and approved by Ministry of Education and Research curricula for 6-7 Dual VET specialties Tekwill will launch a call for experts, authors of the lessons’ scripts, who can assure transposition of the main objectives and results, achieved within this course, into content: lessons, exercises, tests, quizzes, etc. In this regard, additionally there will be hired an educational expert, who will monitor, diversify, and align materials according to the recent studies on efficiency of online learning, the best practices and approaches. There will be selected 7 the most relevant courses from 10 specialties for digitalization.
3. Video production development
There will be announced a call for selection of the company for development of video content to be uploaded on the platform and later to be used by students and teachers.
The following steps will be undertaken by contracted and selected companies.
Every course will have a final project submission. Students will have to submit their final projects reflecting the newly acquired skills and know-how gained in the online course. In case of extension of the courses or lessons, it may have to be alternatively discussed.
There will be developed maximum 30 lessons for 7 courses (and other 7 in Russian) accompanied with exercises, quizzes, tests, etc.
4. Translation of lessons script
To ensure inclusiveness of the elaborated content for Russian-speaking students, the lessons script will be translated in Russian, and integrated as subtitles in the video-lessons.
5. Training of trainers
After the elaboration of lessons script for courses, development of the platform, video-content, the VET teachers will be trained on methodology used while digitalizing the courses. Also during ToT the VET teachers will be guided on use of the online platform for e-learning. For this purpose, there will be attracted experts involved in development of the lessons script for each course, and the company, who will develop the platform, what are the steps of using the platform and monitoring the users’ successes.
6. Mentorship for VET teachers
The mentorship process is a crucial step in the success of the program. To maximize the success of the program and provide a continuity in the years to come, the best way is to offer a rigorous, detailed training program that would allow teachers to gain new skills and knowledge and feel confident in delivering the lessons to their students.
7. Development of user’s guidebook
This is a new concept for all teachers in Moldova who have been used to the traditional type of learning in the classroom. The teachers need support and guidance to grasp the proposed methodologies of teaching and learning as they are transitioning from the traditional teaching and learning to the blended/online learning approach. That is why there will be designed and developed a Teacher Guide for educators – that would provide valuable step-by-step insights on how to integrate this new approach into their lessons, what kind of engaging activities they need to prepare for the online lessons, how to track progress of their students and hot to effectively assess their knowledge and competencies.
To be able to deliver the necessary IT platform, Tekwill is looking for an experience Web Interface designer as a Consultant to support the project.
- Adapt the existing branding of the project and conceptualize the general look and feel of the visual interface of the platform;
- Propose 3 distinct concept designs for the main pages of the platform (Home, Courses, Course, Lesson, General content page);
- Elaborate in high details and definition the designs for most of the inner pages of the platform in up to 5 iterations of enhancement based on the inputs of the project team (estimated of up to 50 pages);
- Conceptualize the UX of the learning platform for assuring a great online learning experience for the target audience;
- Supervise the process of prototype development performed by the front-end developer, assure author supervision on implementation of the designed interfaces.
- Min 15 years of experience in Web design;
- Proven prior experience in elaboration digital interfaces;
- Proven prior experience in elaboration of designs and interfaces for e-learning platforms / projects;
- Extended understanding of UX and capacity to enhance typical UI elements of the e-learning platforms for assuring better user experience for the VET students, teachers, and other audiences;
- Good understanding of branding principles (the capacity to elaborate logos, brandbooks, visual identities will be considered as advantage – confirmations required);
- Good understanding of the education and IT related processes;
- Strong analytical skills are a must;
- Excellence English, Romanian and Russian.
Master’s degree in one of the following fields (or related to): IT, Design, Management, and other fields that are relevant to web design.
- Proposed concept designs – 3 (up to 5 pages for each concept) – Layered PSD files and raster PNG/JPG previews;
- Elaborated designs of the inner pages of platform – up to 50 – Layered PSD files and raster PNG/JPG previews, font sets;
- Feedbacks on adjustments for designs implementations on prototype development – 1 report;
- Other if the assignment reveals such need.
The consultant will perform his/her duties in the Republic of Moldova.
Up to 35 days.
The assignment will begin on/about September 2022 – November 2022.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
1. Personal CV including past experience and examples of executed projects;
2. Financial proposal (fee per day and total amount).