Tekwill is created with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Government of Sweden in the framework of the project “Development of Moldova ICT Excellence Center” implemented by Moldovan Association of ICT Companies (ATIC) in partnership with Technical University of Moldova.
„Tekwill in every school” is a complex program of extracurricular courses, for pupils aged 13-19, supported and powered by Tekwill Project. The program aims to transform and digitalize education in the Republic of Moldova, by providing every school the opportunity to access a free eLearning platform, for students aged between 13-19 years to benefit from interactive digital content. The developed e-courses will allow students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills required by the future jobs’ workplace.
„Tekwill in every school” mission is to harness Moldova’s untapped human capital and to help grow a young and innovative generation of software engineers, IT developers, and creative professionals that will design, here at home, products that will meet social challenges at national and global scale.
Tekwill in Every School is seeking: an enthusiastic and motivated Academic Coordinator to join our team.
Academic Coordinator will be the contact person of up to 100 schools’ part of the program and the responsible person for the communication process with the schools, progress tracking and implementation of annual activities and events part of the Tekwill in every school program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Progress tracking: organize school group calls twice per year and school individual calls 1-2 times per year; keep notes and track of each teacher’ progress; identify key success stories among teachers and their students; make sure the team of Mentors is providing extra focus on teachers that can become potential success stories; identify low-performing teachers and come up with additional support for them; collect and keep organized all projects, products created by teachers and their students; report and follow-up on school requests, challenges and offer solutions; provide quarterly reports on each school progress.
- Communication: responsible of coherent, consistent communication with schools; create surveys upon request and submit its outcomes and key conclusions; participate in the development of articles for the monthly newsletter; manage discussions on all Facebook groups of the program.
- Drafting internal documents: minutes of meeting, justifications memos, approval documents, reports, evaluations, and other required documents.
- Summer training program and mentorship program: organize training and mentorship schedules; provide logistical arrangements; create and monitor detailed database of participants; create calendar invites; attend to email requests on a timely manner.
- Platform users’ administration: provide training sessions on step-by-step registration process on the platform; secure approvals of all teachers’ requests; collect data with regards to all classes for each school; assist school administrators in creating their classes on the platform; assist teachers with student registration and approvals on the platform; provide immediate assistance and report all bugs related to the platform; track the resolution of each bug.
- Event administration: provide logistical and administrative support in the organization of events, competitions; provide support with logistical arrangements of Digital Labs; organization of seminars for education leaders, and other relevant online/offline activities.
- Equipment donations: create and monitor a teacher database that will be eligible for a laptop donation; organize logistical aspects of delivery, prepare full package of documentation.
- Financial assistance: provide support in managing and keeping track of financial documentation (PARs, invoices, contracts).
- Merchandise management: maintain and keep evidence of inventory, supplies, request offers from selected providers; participate in the evaluation process of suppliers; communicate with the selected provider; secure all orders reach on time and at the expected quality.
- Maintain files, databases of program’s stakeholders, schools, educators, and other beneficiaries.
- Assist in monitoring action plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Perform other tasks and assignments at the supervisors’ request.
Education, experience, and skills:
- Education: Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Management, IT or Education related fields.
- Experience: Minimum three years of similar relevant experience, coordinating or being involved in organizing educational projects.
- Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing, and speaking) in Romanian, Russian and good level of English is required.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Other: A good understanding of the education set-up. Strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with different kinds of communities with different norms and communication styles.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully multi-tasking across projects and delivering results within tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated.
- Reliable, accurate and systematic.
- Communication (email and phone) with over 100 schools
- Monitor success/progress of over 100 schools
- Provide leads for success stories
- Keeping track of financial documentations
- 100% accuracy in financial and contractual documentation
- Draft documentations: minutes of meeting, memos, evaluations etc.
- Monthly update of all databases (excels)
- Responsible for teacher & student registration and usage of the platform
- Assist in the organization of events
Period of performance:
The assignment will begin on/about August 2021 with a probation period of 3 months. The assignment will be automatically prolonged in case of positive performance on the job and mutual agreement.
Place of performance:
The consultant will perform his/her duties in Chisinau, Moldova, as indicated in the SOW.
The consultant will report to the Tekwill in Every School project manager and to the ATIC Strategic Projects Director, who will be responsible for supervising the employee’s performance.
Interested candidates shall submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter.
- CV of the applicant, including details of two reference persons.
The application package shall be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: „Academic Coordinator – Tekwill in Every School”, by October 30, 2021 (17:00). Only selected persons will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.