THE MOLDOVAN ASSOCIATION OF ICT COMPANIES (“ATIC”) is the business Organization uniting 45 companies. Umbrella Organization gathering over 5000 employees.
Being established in 2006, ATIC is the action leading association and the voice of the Moldovan ICT industry that promotes the development of the ICT sector in Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, government, state institutions and international organizations. The association was founded to represent the industry on different policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best practices between members. ATIC mission is to protect and promote the Association members’ interests as well as facilitate a more favourable ICT business climate.
The European Migration Agency (EMA) will be responsible for the overall management of the mobility scheme including reporting, evaluation and monitoring of activities. The individual activities will be implemented by EMA, the Moldovan Association of Information and Communications Technology Companies (ATIC) and the Digital Coalition (DC) according to responsibilities defined in the co-operation agreement between the coordinator and partners.
Through a temporary legal labour migration scheme, this 32-month project will pursue a triple win: enabling Moldovan participants to strengthen their social capital and acquire new skills in a stimulating work environment, foster knowledge exchange between Slovakia and Moldova ICT sector, and ultimately transferring highly sought-after knowledge and expertise to the Moldovan ICT sector.
- Develop and establish an opportunity-driven legal migration scheme between Slovakia and Moldova supporting young Moldovans starting their careers in the ICT sector by establishing a viable temporary labour mobility scheme. The scheme will offer young (50) Moldovan talents – students or graduates of ICT related fields – short-term employment (12 months) or internships (3 months) in leading ICT companies in Slovakia, enabling them to gain practical knowledge, skills and experience in professional environment and later use them after integration back at home.
- Support the development of Moldova by reintegrating successful graduates of the scheme upon their return to Moldova via their effective placement on the labour market or business start-ups, in cooperation with relevant stakeholders. Through individual professional growth and subsequent return of participants to Moldova, the scheme will support transfer of knowledge and skills between the Slovak and Moldovan ICT sectors as well as development of business relations between private companies in both countries. To build capacities of the local partners, the project will support the creation of a public-private partnership in order to establish an educational platform, the Digital Academy Social Programme.
- Share experiences and best practices in relation to the implementation of labour migration scheme, return policies and policies aimed at attracting migrants.
The main role of the Project Manager, is to ensure smooth implementation of all activities, related supporting young Moldovans starting their careers in the ICT sector by establishing a viable temporary labour mobility scheme.
- Overall project management and coordination of the activities in Moldova and with the Slovak Counterpart
- Development of annual/monthly/quarter plans
- Development of the financial/narrative reports based on the agreement between ATIC and EMA
- Plan and supervise the solicitation and use of the resources
- Oversee the procurement processes necessary within the project
- Coordinate where necessary with the partners and local stakeholders
- Ensure quarter communication with the project partners
- Management of project team and coordination of the co-operation with co-applicants and project partners;
- Supervision of promotion and visibility activities to ensure project success;
- Adherence with administrative and financial rules in accordance with the grant agreement and programme;
- Communication with the donor and external control bodies;
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation of each activity (monthly);
- Support in order to obtain travel documents for students, etc;
- Establishing the strategic and long-term direction of the project and its sustainability;
- Other as required by the project Director.
- Carry out the assignment as defined in the SOW.
- Complete the final deliverables in a timely manner as defined below.
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture.
- Maintain high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Other relevant activities to the job.
Bachelor degree in one of the following fields (or related to): Education, International Development, Economics, Management, Legal, and other fields.
At least four years of professional experience. At least two years of managerial experience. Experience of working with educational projects and/or knowledge is an advantage.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian and English is required;
Working knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaborative platforms;
- High communication skills and proactivity;
- Result oriented, fast learning and open for new challenges;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, both in a team and independently;
- Mature and positive attitude, with strong sense of quality.
- Progress reports
- Project plans
- Procurement plans
- Communication plan
- Relevant reporting documentation
The consultant will perform his/her duties in Moldova, as indicated in the Scope of Work.