Tekwill has entered into an agreement with GIZ to implement “DIGITAL DUAL VET” The current project builds on the intervention “Structural Reform in VET”, implemented from 2015 to 2018 (GIZ). The impact of the previous intervention was the transfer of several responsibilities related to VET from the state authorities to the private sector, represented by both dual partner companies and the CCI. Moreover, dual VET was mainstreamed into the existing VET system, as a viable alternative to the traditional, school-based VET.
Following the COVID-19 impact on the learning/education environment, in order to adjust to the current needs, in anticipation of a longer period to come back to offline education (particularly 9-12 months if everything goes well), but also taking into consideration that the whole principles of learning will be changed, we anticipated the need to create online content as part of Dual VET format to be delivered online via an interactive and sustainable method covering critical topics and ensuring safety procedures. Some of the major activities will be to identify the topics, convince the mentors to provide curricula in cooperation with private sector involved in Dual VET programs, develop the methodology and concept of online classes, find existing partners, develop the online content.
The online education will focus on providing alternative learning opportunities to the programs delivered offline at VET institutions as a support to the existing programs. The online education will help scale the number of students from VET programs and increase the number of skilled workforce capable to enter the market.
1. Development of digital platform
In the beginning of the project there will be contracted a business analyst, who will be in charge for research of all aspects the platform should meet, being followed by tender and contracting procedure. There will be developed technical specifications (ToR) based on the information available and created the visual design (platform concept and content layout) and information architecture (platform structure/organization, navigation), as per the projects’ requirements (LMS/Platform menu: (1) home page; (2) registration/login page; (3) courses; (4) about; (5) programs (6) online safety & security; (7) contact us; and Dashboard (user interface): (1) account; (2) badges; (3) communication; (4) analytics; (5) courses).
2. Content Development
Based on developed and approved by Ministry of Education and Research curricula for 6-7 Dual VET specialties Tekwill will launch a call for experts, authors of the lessons’ scripts, who can assure transposition of the main objectives and results, achieved within this course, into content: lessons, exercises, tests, quizzes, etc. In this regard, additionally there will be hired an educational expert, who will monitor, diversify, and align materials according to the recent studies on efficiency of online learning, the best practices and approaches. There will be selected 7 the most relevant courses from 10 specialties for digitalization.
3. Video production development
There will be announced a call for selection of the company for development of video content to be uploaded on the platform and later to be used by students and teachers.
The following steps will be undertaken by contracted and selected companies.
Every course will have a final project submission. Students will have to submit their final projects reflecting the newly acquired skills and know-how gained in the online course. In case of extension of the courses or lessons, it may have to be alternatively discussed.
There will be developed maximum 30 lessons for 7 courses (and other 7 in Russian) accompanied with exercises, quizzes, tests, etc.
4. Translation of lessons script
To ensure inclusiveness of the elaborated content for Russian-speaking students, the lessons script will be translated in Russian, and integrated as subtitles in the video-lessons.
5. Training of trainers
After the elaboration of lessons script for courses, development of the platform, video-content, the VET teachers will be trained on methodology used while digitalizing the courses. Also during ToT the VET teachers will be guided on use of the online platform for e-learning. For this purpose, there will be attracted experts involved in development of the lessons script for each course, and the company, who will develop the platform, what are the steps of using the platform and monitoring the users’ successes.
6. Mentorship for VET teachers
The mentorship process is a crucial step in the success of the program. To maximize the success of the program and provide a continuity in the years to come, the best way is to offer a rigorous, detailed training program that would allow teachers to gain new skills and knowledge and feel confident in delivering the lessons to their students.
7. Development of user’s guidebook
This is a new concept for all teachers in Moldova who have been used to the traditional type of learning in the classroom. The teachers need support and guidance to grasp the proposed methodologies of teaching and learning as they are transitioning from the traditional teaching and learning to the blended/online learning approach. That is why there will be designed and developed a Teacher Guide for educators – that would provide valuable step-by-step insights on how to integrate this new approach into their lessons, what kind of engaging activities they need to prepare for the online lessons, how to track progress of their students and hot to effectively assess their knowledge and competencies.
To be able to deliver the necessary IT platform, Tekwill is looking for an experience Front-end developer as Consultant to support the project.
- Analyze, research and replicate best User Experience practices of the world leading e-learning platforms (list provided by the project team);
- Cooperate with the project dedicated web interfaces designer in order to implement the envisioned pages functionalities respecting the conceptualized work-flow;
- Development of the selected interactive concept of the e-learning platform running in simulation/demo mode (non-functional), elaborated by the professional web interface designer;
- Development of the interactive prototype of the e-learning platform running in simulation/demo mode (non-functional);
- Determine the features and functionalities available in open-code learning management systems (LMS) for anticipation of integration in the future platform at later stages of development (in collaboration with the Digital product owner);
- Perform the front-end coding of the platform prototype using modern, well documented, stable, rapid and universally available technologies, languages, libraries, and development best practices;
- Develop the e-learning platform prototype code in open source, respecting the clean-code practices;
- Maintain a pro-active position when interacting with project web designer, digital product owner, and project team to implement the most actual UI & UX practices for delivering great experience to online learners in the platfor.
- Min 10 years in a position of developer or IT engineer / developer;
- Proven prior experience in development of front-end digital interfaces;
- Proven prior experience in development for e-learning platforms / projects;
- Experienced in using of modern front-end development technologies, libraries, practices: html5, bootstrap 5, SASS (CSS Syntax), Flexbox, ECMAScript 6, jQuery & jQuery UI, APIS integration;
- Familiar with server-side scripting programing languages: PHP, .Net, .Net core, Python, Node.js;
- Familiar with deployment of server environments: LAMP;
- Familiar with open-source databases: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL;
- Capacity to optimize the code for running in browsers compatible with major render engines: WebKit, Blink, Gecko (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge);
- High skills in implementation of mobile friendly web interfaces based on responsible principles;
- Good understanding of the education and IT related processes;
- Strong analytical skills are a must;
- Excellence English, Romanian and Russian.
License degree in IT: Development, engineering, informational technologies, informational security.
- Developed interactive concept (elaborated by the professional web interfaces designer and approved) by the project team – up to 5 html pages running in desktop and mobile browsers;
- Developed interactive platform prototype – 30 to 50 pages/screens running in desktop and mobile browsers;
- The platform prototype open-source code (html, js, css, fonts, etc.) – 1 project archiv.
The consultant will perform his/her duties in the Republic of Moldova.
Up to 45 days.
The assignment will begin on/about September 2022 – November 2022.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
1. Personal CV including past experience and examples of executed projects;
2. Financial proposal (fee per day and total amount).