Tekwill has been designed as a national public private partnership between the Government of Moldova, USAID, Microsoft, and IBM to answer the needs of the ICT industry to close the gap of the human capital shortage, as well as support the development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Tekwill represents a network of Centers promoting human capital development and entrepreneurial innovation in Chisinau (3 sights- Tekwill UTM, PowerTech, FinTech Hub, Comrat and Balti sights) built upon a public private partnership between the Government of Moldova, the ICT Private sector, Microsoft, IBM, financed by USAID and Government of Sweden (over 20mln USD investment). The network has over 7000m2 of space dedicated to tech related education, entrepreneurial activities, support of government related policies in Digitalization, targeting children, students, universities, women, startups, companies, and other. Overall over 150,000 beneficiaries.
In 2019, ATIC has been addressed with an expression of interest to host a Tekwill Type Center within ASEM which would host Tekwill type activities related to Fintech. ATIC/Tekwill considers FinTech a feasible program, where ASEM converges financial services and IT. Thus, it would be reasonable to invest into:
- FinTech Acceleration programs (supporting the convergence from the university towards technologies in financial services);
- Fintech educational programs;
- Support university professors to upgrade their capacity towards promoting FinTech;
The new Fintech Hub aims at providing the location where the Fintech community in Moldova will be established and represent the base for the development of the Fintech ecosystem in Chisinau, and eventually across the country. It will include a coworking space, meeting and event spaces. FinTech hub aims at supporting early stage startups grow, contribute to financial inclusion and position itself as a platform to unite all interested stakeholders in promotion of a healthy business environment.
The purpose of this assignment is to contribute to the attainment of the developed mainly around capacity building through trainings and webinars, development of fintech entrepreneurship through hackathons and accelerators, community building and consolidation through meetups and conferences.
- Development of the Hub daily activities, including business strategies, operational policies, supervise daily operations.
- Attract fintech community, fintech startups to the hub.
- Develop marketing and sales plans, as well as implement them against set KpIs.
- Organize minimum 5 events per month.
- Establish partnerships with main stakeholders, community players
- Act as a liaison between the project and university
- Provide logistics and other support to its residents
- Organize and host third party activities building the prestige of the university.
- Prepare Center’s correspondence and facilitate communication between the FinTech Hub and Tekwill headquarters;
- Build, coordinate or supervise any instruments as part of the capacity building activities within the project (mentor pools, technical instruments, other);
- Identify and monitor with relevant beneficiaries of the entrepreneurial programs;
- Build relationships with startups and industry professionals;
- Keep updated the fintech ecosystem with engaging content;
- Supervise and coordinate with the consulting/internal teams;
- Perform communication activities to increase the visibility of the Hub.
- Other requested/specified by Project Director.
Bachelor degree in one of the following fields (or related to): Education, Entrepreneurship, International Development, Business, Economics, Management, etc.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian and English is required;
Working knowledge of internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaborative platforms;
- High communication skills and proactivity;
- Result oriented, fast learning and open for new challenges;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, both in a team and independently;
- Mature and positive attitude, with strong sense of quality.
- Monthly Community meetups with the FinTechs;
- Min 5 events/activities organized per month
- Min 50 residents as a result of the 6 months
- Min 5 partnerships established
- Monthly budgets and payment plans;
- Monthly communication and progress reports.
- Record of participants lists, acts, and other.
The level of effort (LOE) in days needed for this assignment is Full time.
The consultant will perform his/her duties in Moldova, as indicated in the Scope of Work.
The assignment will begin on/about 1 year.
The Manager will report to the Project Director Ana Chirita, who will be responsible for supervising the performance.