THE MOLDOVAN ASSOCIATION OF ICT COMPANIES (“ATIC”) is the business Organization uniting 72 companies. Umbrella Organization gathering over 7000 employees. Being established in 2006, ATIC is the action leading association and the voice of the Moldovan ICT industry that promotes the development of the ICT sector in Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, government, state institutions and international organizations. The association was founded to represent the industry on different policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best practices between members. ATIC mission is to protect and promote the Association members’ interests as well as facilitate a more favourable ICT business climate.
The role of SENIOR POLICY ANALYST offers a unique insight into internal policymaking processes and an opportunity to help influence major of decisions. Provides complex financial/fiscal analysis, expertise, measures and advice to the organization on the full range of issues affecting processes. A commitment to the Company’s mission to improve the well-being of low.
SCOPE OF WORK (SOW)
PURPOSE AND MISSION:
The purpose of this assignment will be highly relevant to current legislative developments, so the role offers a unique insight into internal policymaking processes and an opportunity to help influence major of decisions. Provides complex financial/fiscal analysis, expertise, measures and advice to the organization on the full range of issues affecting processes. A commitment to the Company’s mission to improve the well-being of low.
• Conduct and write policy analyses, including on fiscal and economic policy issues;
• Interpret, critique, and explain content of this policies and apply it to the Company’s policy work;
• Respond to information requests from policymakers, and other national organizations, often on tight deadlines;
• Organizes and conducts various discussions on the correct trolling of legislation, tax policies;
• Keep up to speed with developments in fiscal/economic processes to help identify opportunities for the Company, to influence the policy or opinion of others;
• Respond to information requests from state, private institution, and other national organizations, often on tight deadlines;
• Capacity to help influence major policy decisions;
• Keeps up on the laws and available literature in the program area;
• Assisting in interpreting laws and formulating practical guidance to promote voluntary tax compliance by providing informal advice to professionals, employees and other agencies with regard to law and its changes;
• Drafting formal advisory opinions (i.e., rulings, procedures and private letter rulings) for distribution to the public as official guidance;
• Preparing written material, including legislative summaries, complex policy manuals, and participating in seminars and meetings.
Master’s degree in one of the following fields (or related to): Fiscal, Economics, Public Policy, and other fields that are relevant to analyze correctly fiscal/economic policy.
Experience: At least five years of experience working in fiscal, economic, or tax policy. Years of graduate study in a relevant field (including economics, policy, or applied statistics) beyond master’s level may substitute for work experience. Experience working on and knowledge of fiscal policy issues is a strong plus.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian and English is required;
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaborative platforms;
– Strong research skills, including the ability to use and interpret a wide range of sources, such as legislation, regulations, and professional work in fiscal policy and economics. Result oriented, fast learning and open for new challenges;
– An exemplary commitment to accuracy, and a high degree of organization;
– Strong writing skills, including the ability to explain highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including policymakers, advocates, and the media, and to synthesize data and research into clear, effective arguments;
– An ability both to show initiative and develop analyses independently, and to work as part of a highly collaborative team;
– Have strong research, writing and analytical skills;
– The professional must be self-motivated, organized and plan work to provide timely and accurate analysis to questions and issues supported by thorough research.
Terms of Employment:
• Initial Plan;
• Activity Report and continuation proposal;
• Samples of RFPs, SOWs or any other documentation to develop the content;
• User’s guidebook for LMS (learning management system)
• Monthly/semi-annual/final reports;
• Other required.
Performance place and period:
The Senior Policy Analyst will perform his/her duties in Moldova, as indicated in the SOW.
The assignment will begin on/about ________________
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by 30th of October 2021 to email@example.com.
The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/ Senior Policy Analyst.