- This event has passed.
THE RESULTS ARE IN FOR TEKWILL AMBASSADORS 2020: COMMUNITY
January 15, 2020 @ 12:30 pm
On November 1, 2019, the National Association of ICT Companies has launched the second edition of the “Tekwill Ambassadors” program, an initiative in which the development opportunities come closer to all those interested and provide them with the support and resources necessary for to achieve the performance in the field of Information Technology and Communications (ICT). The program is possible due to the financial support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Government of Sweden within the project “Development of the Center of Excellence in the ICT Field”.
Initiatives and projects dedicated to the development of information technology will be supported through strengthening education and entrepreneurship within the program. Project proposals can be submitted by individuals, non-governmental organizations, companies, and initiative groups.
The Tekwill Ambassadors program will support projects that will contribute to the implementation of the following objectives:
- Human capital development for the ICT sector
- Development of ICT entrepreneurship
- Deeptech propulsion and other verticals (agrotech, energy, edtech, fintech, biotech, etc.)
The period of implementation of the projects runs between January 1 – December 30, 2020. The deadline for submitting project proposals was December 8, 2019.
By December 8, 2019, 38 project proposals were received for the Tekwill Ambassadors program under the “Community” direction.
The projects were analyzed by four members of the evaluation committee according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of the project according to the objectives of the Tekwill Ambassadors program: Community direction;
- Consistency of purpose, objectives, activities, results, and indicators;
- Clearly defined, specific, measurable, and realistic objectives;
- Clear definition of the target group (beneficiaries/participants);
- Realistic estimation of the budget, in accordance with the planned activities;
- Ability to attract resources other than those provided by the Tekwill Project;
- The quality of the monitoring and evaluation mechanism of the results;
- Consistency of promotional actions;
- Durability of the project;
- Capacity to realize and understand the candidate/organization that presented the project proposal.
According to the accumulated score, 25 projects were selected:
|1. Moldova Developer Conference 2020||9.6|
|2. Django Girls 2020 Workshop||9.6|
|3. Technovation Girls Moldova Competition||9.6|
|4. Ruby Wine 2.0 Conference||9.5|
|5. Ignite Chisinau: Terra 112 Motivational Event||9.2|
|6. Tech Women Program Meetups||9.2|
|7. PPC (Pay Per Click) DAY Social Media Conference||9.1|
|8. European BEST Engineering Competition 2019 (Chisinau edition)||8.8|
|9. “Future Energy Leaders” National Conference||8.7|
|10. Tekwill Ambassadors Community Mentors Meetups||8.6|
|11. Programmer’s Day Event||8.6|
|12. Online marketing course for start-ups||8.5|
|13. Product Management Conference||8.5|
|14. EUROAGROMARKET Workshop||8.3|
|15. Moldova Python Community Meetups||8.2|
|16. Artificial Vision Training for TUM Students||8.1|
|17. Engineering Talks Workshop||8.0|
|18. Software Engineering Radio Podcast||8.0|
|19. European Summer Course 2020||7.9|
|20. BIM (Building Intelligence Model) Skills Development||7.4|
|21. Micro Lab Open Day||7.4|
|22. Development of knowledge and skills for implementing Information Technologies in the field of Agriculture of the Republic of Moldova Program||7.4|
|23. Open Source Community Workshop||7.1|
|24. Creating the Augmented Reality component for an existing book||6.9|
|25. IT Solutions for Social Problems Hackathon||6.3|
Access more details on these initiatives at this link.
Support provided under the Tekwill Ambassadors program under the Community direction may include or cover the following:
- Space for events at the Tekwill Center
- Food services
- Printing services
- Promotional services
- Plane tickets
- Individual contracts for content creation
Follow the Tekwill page to keep up to date with all the initiatives to be implemented.