- This event has passed.
MEET THE TEAMS FROM MOLDOVA THAT WILL COMPETE TO BE CROWNED BEST STARTUP DURING SEEDSTARS CHISINAU
September 6, 2017 @ 12:00 pm
On September 8, 10 of Moldova’s best seed stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Seedstars Summit and win up to USD 1 million in equity investment.
Seedstars Chisinau, September 8, 2017
Moldovan Association of ICT Companies (ATIC) together with Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets have brought its pre-selection rounds to an end. With the support of the local host Tekwill, Seedstars World will be holding a dynamic pitch event on September 08, from 17.00.
Moldova was previously represented by Fentury with their innovative solution Personal Finance Manager. ”After the contest, you get to regional summit, where you get more help in regards to investments, your product and KPIs you need to take care of.” says Lisa Terziman, Co-Fouder and COO of Fentury.
The top startups to advance to the grand final are:
- Alpentouch — provides a complex solution to elevate the communication between guest and hotel management at the new level.
- Anabot — a chatbot which helps to take care of mental health and mind.
- BabyMoon — developed The BabyMoon Smart carrier which enables parents to communicate with their child’s doctor, prevent illness, and optimize their parenting.
- BookVoyager — helps avid readers that struggle to find the next book to read using a recommendation engine for books that understands them.
- Codifun — Online & Offline Solution to educate youth code while gaming.
- ENVERACE — transforms the environmental job post into intelligent candidate pre-selection tool with a click of a button.
- IDOMUS — developed an EZ 2 UZ instrument for controlling home and office, making the smart home affordable for most of the families and SMEs.
- Lockstache — let users share access to goods via virtual keys.
- Shelfalytics — provides solutions for real time data analytics from the shelves, directly to producer, retailers, and distributor.
- Wainapp — analyzes user mood and behaviors in order to suggest offers and activities based on it.
Make sure you don’t miss this amazing opportunity! You can get your free seat at: goo.gl/q278vL
The startups will pitch in front of a jury that consist of Julien Ducarroz, Chief Executive Officer at Orange Moldova; Sergiu Botezatu, Senior Program Manager USAID Moldova; Grigore Raileanu, Founder & CEO Retently; Ana Chirita, Executive Director ATIC; Daria Golikova, Associate for CEE region Seedstars World.
We’re organizing Seedstars Chisinau with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Government of Sweden in the framework of the project “Development of Moldova ICT Excellence Center” – Tekwill, and Moldova Investment and Export Promotion Organization (MIEPO).
“They tried to bury us, they didn’t know we were seeds.” – Mexican proverb
Seedstars is a Swiss based group of companies which has the goal of impacting people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Seedstars connects stakeholders within these ecosystems, builds companies from scratch with public and private partners and invests in high growth startups. Through different activities of startup scouting, company building and acceleration programs, the team has now access to entrepreneurs, investors, incubators, corporations and government officials from 60+ countries. The Seedstars group includes:
– Seedstars World, a worldwide startup competition, sourcing in 60+ emerging markets the top talent from these regions
– Seedstars Growth, a three month virtual acceleration program
– Seedspace a network of coworking and co-living spaces now in 25+ countries
– Seedstars Academy, a six months program to train aspiring local entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses, currently running in Nigeria and Ivory Coast