- This event has passed.
MEET THE BRAND NEW ROCKSTART LAUNCHTRACK, POWERED BY TEKWILL PROGRAM TO BE HELD IN MOLDOVA
March 7, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
WHAT IS LAUNCHTRACK?
Launchtrack is an international 60-day program supporting entrepreneurs, typically first-time founders, with prototypes and ideas, aspiring to build their product and prepare for an accelerator. The program will be held March 31 – June 3, in the Tekwill excellence center, in Chișinău, Moldova. The participating founders will come from across Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and Central Asia.
Launchtrack is divided into four steps, reflecting the most important stages of a startup’s development: problem validation, problem-solution fit, proving global market potential, and becoming investment ready. Each stage title represents a milestone requirement, which the teams must achieve by the end of each period.
Startups entering the program are not asked to share equity, instead each team is charged a fee of €250 for participation.
We’re interested in startups that are creating the future, using promising new technologies (AI, Blockchain, sensors, etc.) to disrupt a market and improve lives.
Focus areas include:
- Artificial Intelligence, smart energy, digital health, and web & mobile;
- Shared economy concepts: to address the under-utilization of assets and marketplaces;
- Next generation energy: microgrid autonomy, renewable energy sharing, energy efficient automated homes and industries;
- 3D printing & automation: the future of manufacturing;
- ew financial and logistics/transportation services: creating economic efficiencies;
- Enterprise & development tools: tools empowering companies to get more work done, better, cheaper, and with higher quality, using deep learning and AI technology;
- Robotics and IoT security: because increased connectivity leads to an increased risk of being hacked;
- Education: if you don’t learn, you don’t grow;
- Wildcard Concepts: if you have a novel idea solving a global need using technology you can realistically develop, apply now!
WHAT WE OFFER
- EQUITY-FREE. The program, supported by USAID and SWEDEN, allows you to validate and launch your startup without giving away part of your business (this means you are in a much better position when speaking with investors).
- EXPERT SUPPORT. Rockstart experts with different skill sets will help you throughout the program, supporting you with the right knowledge and advice when validating and launching your business.
- PERSONAL & TEAM DEVELOPMENT. The Launchtrack program includes a component focused on personal and team development. Find out your personal and team DNA. For your startup to succeed not only your business has to grow – you need to evolve as well.
- MENTORSHIP. ICT experts and business founders with different skill sets from a variety of backgrounds are involved in the program, supporting your team every step of the way.
- ACCESS TO ACCELERATION. The Lauchtrack program focuses on preparing you to drive traction, improve metrics, and pitch your vision. By taking part in the program, you will increase the likelihood your team will be selected for the Rockstart Accelerator program, as well as have a greater chance to succeed in launching your startup.
- TEKWILL is where people, community, ideas, resources, science and industry meets to identify, facilitate and enhance excellence in information technology. In driving the Moldovan startup ecosystem, Tekwill will offer further events and support beyond the duration of the program.
- OFFICE SPACE. In the heart of the Technical University of Moldova (UTM), Tekwill is a 4,000m² hub with everything you need for your startup’s ongoing growth. Tekwill ICT Excellence Center offers co-working spaces, meeting and conference rooms, and tech labs (IoT, 3D printing). Here, you will benefit from 24/7 working space, uniquely designed to help you formulate your idea, design an MVP, validate a market need, develop your investor pitch, and reach the milestones critical to your startup’s success.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Lean Startup Methodology
- Early Adopter Identification
- Experimental Design
- Rapid Prototyping
- MVP Validation
- Agile Development
- Key Growth Metrics
- Global Market Understanding
- Competitor Analysis
- Investment Strategy
- Team Development